Submissions are now closed for
2019 Horror Anthologies
Unless previous dispensation has been made,
Corpus Press is now closed to all submissions.
Notifications of acceptance / rejection will be sent by
October 30, 2018, with publication target of 1Q2019.
Scroll down for more information on how to submit your work for consideration. We highly recommend examining current Corpus Press offerings prior to submitting.
Inclusion policy: We welcome submissions regardless of author's publication history, status, race, creed, gender, sexual preferences, political views or any other identity factor. Work will be accepted according to our publishing needs.
UPDATE: SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Corpus Press is now accepting submissions for non-themed horror anthologies with a publication target of 2019. Submissions should be story-driven and appeal to a wide adult audience.
What we ARE looking for:
• Not previously published short stories of 2,500-4,500 words. We are seeking stories that can be characterized as being within the broad category of “horror” fiction.
• Successful submissions will be highly original, well written and cleanly edited.
• Stories may be frightening, thought-provoking, atmospheric, humorous and/or satirical (or any combination thereof), but MUST contain a complete tale.
What we ARE NOT looking for:
• We are not seeking “extreme horror” or “Splatterpunk” material. We discourage submissions that have a singular purpose of shocking the audience with explicit language, sexuality and/or violence. Explicit language, sexuality and violence are acceptable, however, if handled in a tasteful manner and in service to a well-plotted, engaging story.
• Abstract mood pieces, vignettes, and highly experimental approaches to literature are discouraged. We are not accepting poems.
• Stories featuring exaggerated dialects, colloquialisms or excessive references to pop culture or current fads are discouraged.
• Not seeking stories featuring vampires, werewolves or zombies.
• Epistolary fiction will not be accepted.
Document Requirements: Submissions must be in an editable format sent via the publisher’s submission portal. No PDFs or scanned documents sent as image files will be accepted. Preference is for author name, email address and word count information to be placed only at the end of the document to assist with blinded review process.
Submission window: June 1, 2018 until midnight EST September 15, 2018.
Please no multiple or simultaneous submissions. Notifications of acceptance / rejection will be sent no later than October 30, 2018, with publication target of 2019.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE.
Pay Rate: $.03 per word.
Payment will be capped at $150 USD for accepted submissions (2,500-4,500 words). Two (2) free contributor copies (paperback) will be provided upon publication, with contributors having the option to buy additional quantities at cost post-publication. Payment on publication.
Anthology target length: Approximately 250-300 pages. Title TBD.
(Please note: Final contract required to be signed upon acceptance which may contain additional terms and conditions. The terms of these submissions guidelines are for reference only, are subject to change without notice and do not constitute any legal agreement or offer to contract by Corpus Press or any of its operators. By submitting your work to Corpus Press for consideration, submitters agree not to hold Corpus Press or any of its operators liable for any damages, perceived or real, arising from their submission.)
Submissions are now closed for the
2018 Corpus Press Halloween Anthology