Submissions are now closed for the
2018 Corpus Press Halloween Anthology
THIS CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS HAS ENDED;
ALL FINAL SELECTIONS HAVE BEEN MADE.
Corpus Press 2018 Halloween Anthology (Title TBD)
Our goal is to create a new Halloween-themed horror anthology that can stand the test of time. Submissions should appeal to a wide audience (late teen to adult).
What we are looking for:
· Short stories of 4,500-8,500 words that have a central theme associated with Halloween and fall into the broad horror & weird tales category
· Successful submissions will be highly original, well written and cleanly edited.
· Stories can be frightening, thought-provoking or atmospheric or any combination, but MUST contain a complete tale with a clear denouement.
What we are NOT looking for:
· Stories that have been hastily retrofitted with a coating of “Halloween” references to fit the submission guidelines. These are easily spotted and will be immediately rejected.
· Stories that contain excessively explicit language, sexuality and violence, or that have a main goal of shocking the audience with poor taste (language, sexuality and violence is acceptable, however, if it fits within the context of the story and is handled in a tasteful manner). This IS NOT an “extreme horror” or “Splatterpunk” anthology.
· Abstract mood pieces, vignettes, and highly experimental approaches to literature are discouraged. All accepted submissions MUST contain a complete tale with a clear denouement.
· Stories featuring exaggerated dialects, colloquialisms or excessive references to pop culture or current fads.
· We will not be accepting epistolary fiction for this anthology.
Submission window: October 27, 2017 – March 30, 2018.
All submitters will be notified of acceptance / rejection not later than May 31, 2018.
Pay Rate: $150 for 4,500 to 6,000 words; $250 for 6,000-8,500 words. Two (2) free contributor copies (paperback) will be provided, with contributor option to buy unlimited additional quantities at-cost.
Terms: Corpus Press maintains exclusive paperback, hardcover and eBook publishing rights from date of publication until November 2019, at which time full rights revert back to the author. Author retains all audiobook rights, executable after November 2019. Publisher maintains indefinite future publishing rights to maintain in print the submitted work as part of the published anthology, as well as in any future “best of” editions that may be produced. Final contract will be required to be signed upon acceptance and may contain additional terms and conditions which will be outlined prior to acceptance.
(Please note: the terms of these submissions guidelines are for reference only, are subject to change without notice and do not constitute any legal agreement or contract between Corpus Press or any of its operators. By submitting your work to Corpus Press for consideration, submitters agree not to hold Corpus Press or any of its operators liable for any damages, perceived or real, arising from their submission.)